Monday, January 9, 2012

Really?

Has it really been two years since my last post?

How I've missed you all, and how I've missed this blog, and how I've missed the Montessori world. (Because not only have I not been posting, I also haven't been reading very much!) Thanks for sticking with me.  

Much has happened over the past two years, and I hope to be able to share a little over the next couple of weeks. Very briefly, though: 

1) I changed my name to Renée. Hi. :)

2) The girls are now 7, 5, 3-1/2, and 1-1/2.

3) We continue to homeschool, although--due to a number of families who moved and other changes--no longer in a home co-op format.  :(

4) Although the older girls (7 and 5) have pretty much moved on from Montessori as the core of their curriculum, we are in the thick of Montessori with our 3-1/2 y.o., and I look forward to slowly incorporating our 1-1/2 y.o.

I'm excited to start blogging again, and I plan to blog here at least once a week about bigger-picture, curriculum-type things and any new materials I've made (but I'll be talking about more than just Montessori, because we use multiple curricula now).

And instead of writing loooong posts about our daily work (my own fault -- I'm too wordy :), in an effort to catalog what we do each day, I'm starting a separate blog where I will quasi-live blog our lesson plans and daily work (I'll link to it as soon as it's ready to go live). That blog will be mostly photo-based, with iPhone snapshots (I'm retiring the big camera that requires lengthy uploads, which means I'll be able to get posts up faster, but the picture quality won't be as nice), and there won't be much text.  It won't be clean and polished but instead will offer a quick, real-time look at our work. 

I will do my best to respond to every comment/question/suggestion/request, but I can't promise anything...sorry.

My husband will probably help me with my blogging duties here or at the new blog.  He is an integral part of our homeschool, and I literally could not homeschool without him. After the addition of daughter #4, there were days--months, really--when I did no schooling and he did everything!

I will have some exciting news about some Montessori resources he and I are developing...hopefully later this year. :)

I'm excited to be back, and I'm excited to share all that we're doing!

No comments: