Monday, January 30, 2012

Bible Dolls & Pinterest

Last week, My Boys' Teacher pinned this Bible doll craft from alljoinin on pinterest. We thought the dolls were so cute, we made a few of our own:




They're still a work in progress (some still need headdresses, and we may or may not put faces on them), but from left to right, we have Ruth (our 5-y.o.'s creation), Naomi (our 7-y.o.'s creation), John the Baptist/Elisha/Elijah (my husband's creation), and David the shepherd boy (mine). We had so much fun sewing these little dolls! We even have Goliath and a few others in the hopper. 

I've been away from the computer for a while now, so pinterest was completely new to me when My Boys' Teacher mentioned in a comment that she had pinned a picture from one of my posts. I looked into it and was intrigued -- it's a great way to see and share Montessori and other homeschool ideas (not to mention recipes and lots of other great ideas).

Are you on pinterest?  If so, please feel free to share your pinterest page in the comments below or via email--I'm always looking for new ideas and concepts to incorporate in our classroom.  For those who are interested, my pinterest page is here

PS -- If you're not on pinterest yet and would like an invite, feel free to email me. :)

No comments: