Friday, April 5, 2013

Metal Inset Easter Eggs

Hi Friends,

As I mentioned in my last post, the girls spent hours making Easter eggs using the oval metal inset.

They cut them out and decorated them (our 5-yo made these):


They taped them together and filled them with beans:



They made Jesus-themed eggs; they made stickered eggs (is it just me, or is anyone else bummed out that the Paas Easter egg dye kits don't include even a single cross?); they made eggs inspired by stained glass windows (our 6-yo made these):

My husband even got into it...

 ...and showed the girls how to use one oval metal inset to make a heart:

They collected them into Easter egg books...








They made so many eggs, I could never show them all here. I was very thankful that they were so busy and happy and focused in the weeks leading up to Easter. We hope you had a nice Easter, too!

No comments: